Thursday, September 22, 2011

Milk Glass

I may have found something to replace my VB (Vera Bradley) addiction... MILK GLASS!  I've always loved it and I only have one piece, a vase.  In fact, it was my grandmother's and it was something that was always in our house, and I always loved it.  I loved the milky white color and I liked the "dots" all over it... it was just too pretty to me.  I always thought it was strange that she never put flowers in it... it was always in the laundry room on the top shelf, so that's where I would go look at it and dream of the day it would have something in it.  So, when I finally got a house of my own, I asked her if I could have it and she said I could.  It's on a bookcase in my living room with willow branches in it and a beautiful dragonfly.  It's one of my most favorite things.  It looks like this:


This isn't mine... this is one from eBay, but it looks exactly like mine.  Apparently it's made by Anchor Hocking and it's a Hobnail vase, and I think it's the most beautiful vase I've ever seen.  Call me crazy, but I do.

Now, speaking of eBay, I saw this little lovely there, while browsing all things milk glass and thought, "oh, yes, this should be mine!"  I mean, is this not the most amazing cake stand you have ever seen?



As Martha would say, "Milk glass... it's a good thing."  Gosh that thing is amazing... looks just like candy!  I want to eat it!

No comments: