Friday, September 16, 2011

white kitchen


I'm still on my quest for the perfect cottage kitchen... my perfect cottage kitchen... and I must say, there is something very charming about this one. I love everything about it. I know I've said that a lot... about many different kitchens, but there really is nothing about this one that I don't not like. I love the numbered plates. I love the colors. I love the stillness. I LOVE the hints of green. It's beautiful. Something to add to the pile of pictures (growing pile of pictures) that's going to help me achieve my dream kitchen... on a budget!


As for progress on said kitchen... it's slow going, but that's OK. Right now, I'm still in clean out and organize mode. Goodwill loves me. In fact, the same guy has been working the past three days (all in a row) that I've gone by to unload my car... "geez, lady, you moving or something?" "No, just clearing out the clutter." she says with a smile. Feels good! I want my house and things to have breathing space. It's coming... I can feel it. It's just like autumn, you know it's coming, it feels like it's never going to get here, and then it happens. Ahhhhh.


In other news, speaking of autumn, I had my first Starbucks pumpkin spice latte (soy) of the season, on Wednesday. I love this time of year and I count down the days until it gets here. There was a cool breeze on the air last night, so we took our beers on the roof (yes, on the roof) and enjoyed the night air before dinner. I was so excited I pulled out all my pumpkin candle holders and autumn scented candles and lit them as soon as we came inside. I love this time of year! You know it's almost autumn when the Halloween stores start dotting the shopping centers. Ahhhh!


I think I'll document my kitchen in photos this weekend... don't know if I'll post them or not. That's a lot of dirty laundry to air! You know what I mean? I don't know, you might enjoy the transformation. We'll see. Anyways... happy weekend ya'll. Catch you on the flip flop.




No comments: