Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Eames Chairs

I love Eames chairs. And I’m not so snobby that I can’t love a good knock-off of an Eames chair. Those clean lines get me every single time! Well, any mid-century modern chair does it for me, but there is just something about an Eames. And here’s a little bit about the Eames’… Charles Ormond Eames, Jr (1907–1978) and Bernice Alexandra "Ray" Eames née Bernice Kaiser (1912–1988) were American designers, who worked in and made major contributions to modern architecture and furniture. They also worked in the fields of industrial and graphic design, fine art and film. For more (very interesting) facts about Charles and Ray Eames, click on over to Wikipedia and read about their life and work. There is a really neat picture of their design concept house. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, and I love creative people.

Anyway, Eames chairs, I ran across this fabulous before & after of the Eames knock-off on the Design*Sponge website. FAB-U-LOUS! Take a look. For your convenience, I’ve added some pictures here:


I’ve also added some pictures of a few of my favorite Eames chairs (all photos from Room and Board) that no house should be without. Because let’s face it, they go with every décor... in my humble opinion… in fact, every home should have at least one piece of Eames… something, to call it complete.  Sorry for the run on's.  I'm the queen of the ...'s, but I love them so.














No comments: